FARM TO FORK TOURS
An afternoon full of good food, great conversation, and Homestead living … Greenlands Farm hosts real “farm to fork” , “slow food”, and “local” experiences!
Farm to Fork Tours
Greenlands Farm is home to a three generational farm family, the Burkerts and Kelleys, who together, practice the full circle system known as sustainable homestead farming. You can help complete the circle by engaging in a special, unhurried afternoon of fun and bounty designed just for you. See the farm first hand and take a peek behind the scenes! This is the only event hosted at the farmhouse, so come enjoy the family's flower gardens while you eat farm fresh tapas. It's an experience that's hard to replicate off the farm!
Your afternoon begins with delicious tapas prepared by the farm chef that feature ingredients grown right on the farm. Fine wine is chosen by a local wine connoisseur and is available for purchase by the glass. Your initial experience in the farm house gardens sets the stage for a farm tour that showcases the farm's vegetables, flocks, and herds. Every farm to fork tour boasts of a different farm experience allowing for you to come back again to taste, see, and learn something new. Your time at Greenlands Farm ends at the farm store to see our special, farm-made products. Whether pesticide-free veggies, hand-made goats milk soap, baked goods, canned preserves, or pickles... there’s something for everyone. Be sure to bring your camera because the picturesque views over the pond, pastures, and gardens are memory makers. The afternoon promises an opportunity to get to know the farm family and other interesting guests.
Henry, Heather, Ryan, & Maud
The Afternoon’s Schedule
Farm Tapas & Farm Tour 3 - 5 pm
Cost (Reservations Required)
$49/per guest* (tax not included) a portion of the proceeds go to Helpers Of Our Farm, a nonprofit educational farm animal sanctuary at Greenlands Farm
2017 Tapas & Tour Dates
May 27: Annual Spring Farm Tapas
October 7: Annual Fall Farm Tapas
Get personally guided on a tour by a farm family member who teaches something new at every Tapas & Tour event. You will have the chance to gain knowledge about how your vegetables, tea, or fruit grows under sustainable practices, how to manage farm animals (including the sweet rescue farm animals of HOOF); meet the pasture raised chickens that lay your eggs; or maybe get a demonstration on goat milking. There is always something new to learn and experience on the farm, come discover what your tour will be!
Things to Know
- Greenlands Farm hosts farm to fork tours in April and October.
- Farm to fork tour purchases are nonrefundable since much planning is put into the preparation of your dinner experience.
- We encourage people who are unable to attend to give their tickets away or sell them.
- All dates require a minimum of dinner guests.
- Reservations required.
- Our outdoor farm to fork tours are subject to inclement weather, farm smells, insects, and other natural events. We do not cancel.
- Please come prepared so you can have an enjoyable experience: bring insect repellant, wear farm appropriate attire and shoes, umbrellas and rain parkas in case of rain, sunscreen, hats, etc.
- Please inform us of any special needs/disabilities so we can do our best to accommodate you.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate special dietary needs, but we will have a selection of tapas that will be vegetarian and/or gluten free.
- Please do not bring children to farm to fork tours.
- *Gratuity for your tapas servers is included in your ticket price. Wine is sold separately and gratuity is not included in your ticket, our wine servers appreciate your tips.
Wine & Beers
- Bring your ID.
- A wine connoisseur selects our wines for each experience and we sell it by the glass and half glass.
- Bottles can be purchased from the selected wines.
- If you prefer, you may bring in your own bottle from your private collection. We charge a $30.00 per bottle corkage fee. If you and or your group want to bring in multiple bottles, please call us to discuss pricing.
- We also sell craft beer by the pint at the farm store, normally featuring a beer from a local brewery.
- Wine is sold separately and gratuity is not included in your ticket, our wine servers appreciate your tips.