Customized Tours to Educate All Ages
Greenlands Farm and Helpers Of Our Farm offers in-depth farm tours for the purpose of educating young children, young adults, and adults about a sustainable Homestead Farm, farm animals, and farm products. Meet real farmers, get a behind the scenes view on how our farm operates, how your vegetables grow, meet our rescue animals, and see how we live off our farm.
We allow a maximum of 35 people per tour and require a minimum of 18 paying guests per tour. You can bring more than 35 people, but you will need to reserve two tour time slots. Our tours are tailored to age groups to ensure the highest level of learning is achieved.
Location: We are located in Brunswick County in Bolivia, 20 miles from the Cape Fear Bridge. Our address is 668 Midway Road SE, 1.6 miles from Old Ocean Hwy.
Hours: We are open year-round, but the farm store operates on seasonal hours, please check the website current hours. Farm tours are available during normal store hours.
Curriculum: We can offer an in-depth focus on any of the subjects listed in our tour packet to meet your classroom requirements or interests. Please inform us of any subjects that you would like us to specifically spotlight before your visit to allow us to tailor your tour to your needs. Please be advised we follow your choices, so make sure you include ALL educational subjects you wish to be covered. Greenlands Farm is capable of meeting Science, Social Studies, and Health Education courses of study.
Eating on the farm: We have a deli café with tables and chairs and also a shaded picnic area outside for your use.
If you would like to eat lunch with us and you order in advance, we have special discounted rates for tour guests (taxes on food included, gratuity not included):
- Children’s Lunch - Sandwich, organic fruit, and drink box (Almond Butter, PBJ or Ham/Cheese).....$5.25
- Adult Lunch – Select deli sandwich, deli side, and FREE drink (Tea/Coffee of Water) (Excludes Reuben and Tuna Sandwiches)..... $9.00
Scheduling Tours: Tours must be schedule 2 weeks in advance.
Weather: Tours are subject to weather. If it is raining or we have had excessive rain, making the farm too wet to walk, we will contact you to reschedule.
Handicap Accessibility: The farm is wheelchair accessible, albeit a bit bumpy terrain! We have many special needs groups that visit the farm and have a wonderful time.
Tour Cost: Our tours are tailored to age groups and vary in price.
- 1 years old to Pre-K tours: $6 each child, classroom teachers free, additional adults $6 each (add ice cream: 1 scoop $2.50 OR pup cup (small scoop) $1.25)
- Elementary School Tours: $8 per student, classroom teachers free, additional adults $8 each (includes 1 scoop ice cream/per person)
- Middle & High School Tours: $8 per student, classroom teachers free, additional adults $8 each (includes 1 scoop ice cream/per person)
Other tours (see more info below):
- General Public: $10 per person, tour includes ice cream ($8 without ice cream)
- Senior Living Groups (Assisted Living): $4 per senior (additional $2 for ice cream)
Payment: We request that you pre-pay for the tour at least two days in advance. We accept cash, checks, atm/debit, and credit cards. You may also submit a purchase order to pay through your district.
Approximate Tour Length: Our tours vary in length according to tour type and group size.
- 2 years old to Pre-K tours: 45 minutes
- Elementary School Tours: 1 to 1 ½ hours
- Middle & High School Tours: 1 to 1 ½ hours
- General Public: 1 to 1 ½ hours
- Senior Living Group: 45 minutes
Tour Group Size: We allow a maximum of 35 people per tour and require a minimum of 18 paying guests per tour. You can bring more than 35 people, but you will need to reserve two tour time slots.
Other Tours: We offer tours outside of the school system, providing your party consist of at least 18 paying guests. If you have less than 18 paying guests, you can contact us to see if we can add you on to another scheduled farm tour. Our petting farm is open every Saturday from 10am – 3pm (if weather permits) to the public, no tour reservation required. The farm store operates on seasonal hours, please check the website current hours. The farm is closed to the public except during scheduled tours.
Waiver: We require every visitor, children and adults, to sign a waiver of release of liability. Waivers can be returned by mail or dropped off before your scheduled tour, or brought on the day of the tour. Please make sure every guardian and person has signed one or they will not be allowed to participate in the tour. (Attached)
Our Store: We sell a variety of products made and grown on the farm. We also have a deli (sandwiches, sides, & salads), creamery, bakery, fruits, vegetables, tea, coffee, hand-made gifts, and more. We encourage you to bring a little extra money to enjoy yourselves!